For the past 40 years or so we have been taking a fall family walk back to the locks
that age back as far as time....lol....there is not much left of them but this is
something we started years back and have kept it up every year with sometimes just a few of
us and now many more....and they will surely be missed when the old house goes.....
Well Missy I made it to your blog and the first posting I see I am not sure what you are talking about. Locks. They are for closing doors tight or raising boats up and down. Would you please share with me what it is that you are visiting every fall?
ReplyDeleteBTW, Loved having you here and hope your trip home wasn't too long.
Not sure how they are used for sure...but they were used somehow in logging...the men would log near the river to be able to use it to transport the logs to town using it...not sure if it was to hold enough water to push them down or if they actually held back logs until they had enough....sorry I am not much help there Val....I just know that we used to walk back there and see them and play on them....
ReplyDelete