Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Florida..............fun in the sun!!!!!!

A few years ago my sister moved to Florida for the summer.   Yep, Florida! So I went down with her kids and my sister, brother in law and nephew.   First, let me say I will NEVER drive that again!!!

Not if this is what happens everytime anyway!  The Yukon broke down about half way down and needed to be fixed asap!!!   So we found someplace to get it fixed and sat on the ground with 5 kids for about 3 hours.
Wowsers, there was no high speed internet at all so we had to find things for the kids to do without getting to crazy!   Thank goodness I had brought all sorts of things for them to do in the car on the way down anyway.   So some watched a movie and some played. 

Some played with hmmmm......I forget what these things are called but they loved them!!!  Thank goodness!!!

Here is the Yukon getting worked on!  Then off to....

we were heading!   Vero Beach was beautiful!!!!

We spent all sorts of time on the beach! It was so HOT that we had to!  It was about 105' and that did not hit the humidity yet!  It was so hard to even just breathe when you were not in the air conditioning!  I did not like that part.

I did however love the sunsets!!!  They were wonderful!!

This is the first time we got Heather to get in the water this far.   She does not like the water so we were sooo proud of her to get in with her sisters!!  Thank you Heather!!!

This was a photo shoot Cailey and I were in one day when we were waiting for the rest of the clan to get ready to head to the beach.   Madie was the photographer!   What pair huh!

Miss Madie got lost in the sand this day because she found out she does not like the ocean...why???  Well, it seemed every time she went to get in the water it would have a big wave not some of the smaller ones we had before that, lol.  So she thought it best to just play in the sand.   And that was just fine with her, lol.

The kids loved heading out sight seeing.

Baby sister Teri you are so skinny and pretty!

The girls met this guy I forget his name now but he was a model for Amercrombie and a few others and was in the movie hmmmmmmmm....I forget lol,   I will have to ask the girls, lol.   But they did not want their photo till I said I was going to go over and talk to him and off they came a running, lol.   He liked Trista I think!

Oooopss......this is a photo on the way down to Florida in the early morning when it was my turn to sleep a little.  LOL,   Teri, Gene and I took turns driving and one could sleep and the other was to stay awake and keep the driver on task of where we were and what way to go and that sort of thing.   All in all it was a great trip and the kids did a good job in the car.  But if you have to visit Florida I would suggest in Spring, Winter or Fall just not in the summer......lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment