Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Judy.......I miss you!!

Miss Judy I miss you so much!!!   We are heading to Montana but you are way to far out of our way so there is just no way to go and see you!! I am so sorry!!!

Judy was Randy's dad's Mule.   Randy got her when his dad passed.  I betcha did not know Judy loves a beer on a hot summer day along with a chew and she will be the happies Mule around!!  LOL!!  Sorry to tell your secrets Judy!!

Roger (Randy's dad) always wanted to send Judy out to Montana to work as a pack mule.
Well Randy did that for him.  Judy is now with a friend of ours who lives and works in this type of work.

So Paul is taking good care of Judy!  She is in the Bitter Root Valley grazing!
And then goes into the mountians to carry supplies into the fire watcher towers.  She makes may trips and is doing a great job!!!

This is Paul getting her all loaded up with Randy.  She did not go so willingly.   She was not a happy camper!
She even stepped on Paul.   Sorry Paul!

Finally Randy got her to go in. 

But once she was in the trailer she still did not like it at all.   She stood in there staring out and making some really MAD noises.   She was also stomping her hooves on the bottom SO HARD!  She was as upset about the whole thing as I was!   I cried and cried when she left down the road!

I know Paul will take wonderful care of her and that is not why I was so upset.  I was so upset because this was one of the last things of Roger's that really really meant alot to him....and well she is gone now.   We just cannot go out and say hi!  We cannot just go out and visit with her.   So for that it was a very hard goodbye!

Judy you will forever be remembered for your love of Randy!!  (one of the first days she was with us I went out to talk to Randy who was by the fence talking to Judy, and she was so MAD when he gave me a kiss!  She stomped her hoof and ran back and forth and made some mean neighing sounds)  But as time went by we got to be good friends Judy and I!   There were many times when she would get out and we would have to go and find her and bring her back.  
I remember one time when she was just down the road and nobody could come to help really quick so I had to do it all by myself.  Well if you know me well you know I DO NOT like animals!   Especially ones that are not in a fence and are SOOOO much BIGGER than I am!   So I was a little afraid but it had to be done!  So off I went with the car and a bucket of corn.  She loved corn because like most women she loved things that she just could not have, lol.   But it was a good way to get her to do what you needed her to do, lol!
Well I go ther back by riding with the car window down and her head in the window trying to eat it, lol.  All down the highway till a car came and I drove into the ditch then, lol!  I sure got many looks and many stopped cars to see what the heck was happening, lol!  Hey it worked!  I got Judy home all by myself!
I drove right into the gated area where she was and got out and put the bucket on the ground and let her finish it up while I got the car out and shut the gate!  

I was so proud of myself!!  Miss our special times together Judy I hope to see you soon girl!!!

2 comments:

  1. I thinks it's so funny how you got attached to a mule! I would have paid money to see you lead Judy down the road back to her fence - I can see why you are proud of yourself for that! I'm glad she's doing what my dad wanted her to do - he'd think that was really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know Mary! I am sure it was quite a site to see!! LOL!! Every time I think about it still I laugh and laugh. But it worked!
    I am glad too that she is doing what your dad wanted her to do too. He would be so happy knowing she was doing it. Paul says she loves it out there lots and you can see it! She has lost some weight and is the queen mule in the pen. When he said that I just giggled and said yep that is Judy alright! LOL! I will keep you posted on her.

    ReplyDelete