Friday, March 11, 2011

Bacon....and salt water soaking....

Did you know that when you slice bacon at home you need to watch out for this...  THE BLADE!!!
THE VERY, VERY BIG AND VERY, VERY SHARP BLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


yeppers you NEED to listen to your dad when he says"don't stick your hand in there!!"
That is a big blade that is very sharp!!  Yeppers, if you ask my son Luke he will tell you
"DON'T PUT YOUR HANDS IN THERE, LISTEN TO YOUR DAD!!!"  or this will happen...


I know it is a bad photo but the flash went out in my camera so sorry!!  But you get the point I am sure.
Luke ended up cutting his ring finger of his left hand and needed only 3 stitches because they could not stitch the top side because of the finger nail.   So other wise he would have had more.  I was so amazed with him though.   He did not cry but he sure beat himself up a ton the whole night!!!

On the way to the ER for stitches he asks "Mom, did you bring the hammer?"  Huh, oh yeah I grabbed it cause I thought you might need it in the CAR!!!   "No, I did not grab the hammer why??????"  "Well, I think if you hit me on the head with it right about now it might feel better than my hand does right now!!!" he says.   The poor boy was in a tad bit of pain.  Well, he was in so much pain that every dr or nurse that came into the room we were waiting in he would ask "So do you think I could get some pain meds, please, the kind my dad got when he was here!!  He said they are really good!!! Could you please tell the dr I need some pain meds!!!"  
So then the dr comes in and says well let me look at that finger mister.   He splits it right open to be sure that he does not see the bone and Luke again asks for meds and says "you know you could have gave me some MEDS before you just did that!!!  ARRggggggggggggggggg!!"   The dr says we need to soak that first and nope you get no meds sorry mister suck it up!  So the nurse comes in with saline water to soak his hand in and puts it in the bowl and Luke asks "That is not SALT WATER is it??????" I thought that nurse was gonna pee her pants, lol!   She says "No, honey we are not that mean here"   and Luke's comment back was "ya wanna bet, did you not just see what the dr did to my finger, did you not just hear me when he did it!!!"  "It is not salt water is it!!??!!"
So when you are cutting bacon at home in the big slicer DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS IN THERE TO GRAB ANYTHING OUT TILL IT IS SHUT OFF AND UNPLUGGED!!!!!!  JUST ASK LUKE!

OR YOU MIGHT END UP WITH THIS ON THE SLICER!  ANYONE WANT SOME BACON WHEN THEY COME OVER?

No comments:

Post a Comment