Drake was the best dog I have ever seen or played with. I totally enjoyed this puppy!!!!
Now if you know me very well you would know that I am NOT a animal person. Not at all!!!!!!! My hubby and kids are about as much animal as I like at all. I think this comes from when I was about 15 I got bit in the arm by a dog. So since then I have been rather afraid of big dogs and well Drake fixed that for me, yep, he sure did! He was so easy to be around unless he wanted to play fetch, which was all the time! LOL, he LOVED to play fetch. Ok, so here we go on a really hard posting.
Drake was not my dog he was my eldest son, Matt's dog. Matt bought him about a year ago or so. Drake was about 8 weeks old at the time. He was not only a hunting dog for my son but he was his
BEST FRIEND!!
Yep, when they say dog is mans best friend it is so true!
Everywhere Matt went so did Drake. Drake was the only dog I have ever let in my home as a family pet to be able to eat, sleep, whine, sit on the furniture(not my bed though), to pretty much be everywhere in the house. Drake was
"The Dog of Dogs!!"
He loved to be loved! He loved to be wrestled! He loved to eat socks!! He loved to Hunt! He loved to play fetch! He loved attention! He loved the run of the house! He loved the outdoors! He loved the water! He loved to be trained! He loved to lay under grandpa's chair! He loved to plop his chew toy next to or on someones lap as a hint! (Hello play with me I am so darn ready!!) He loved to try to bark! (Lol, the boys would always tell him come on bark like a real dog and I will play fetch with ya!) He just plain loved life!!! The only thing Drake HATED was the vacume cleaner. Yep, if you took it out he was RUNNNG the opposite direction! He HATED THEM!!!
Well, this weekend was one of the hardest weekends of a mom's life I tell ya!!!
The guys were in and out of the house tons on Friday working on things in the shop and that sort and remember where any one of them went so did Drake. Well, at some point in time Drake took off and at about 5:15 I asked where is Drake? Yep, the person that does not like animals was WORRIED where the dog was. Nobody knew. I called the sherrif's department. I called the neighbors, I called teh dog kennel. And nobody had seen or heard him. We looked till after dark with no results at all. Nothing!!
Morning came and we started looking some more. Still nothing. I told Matt, maybe he should float the river in the canoe as it had just opened up on Friday. And by Saturday morning it was wide open and flowing.
Matt, floated the river and had only got to the neighbors and there was Drake caught up on something. He must had either jumped in after something the day before or fell in and was unable to get out of the water. Matt got him out and but he was gone. And so the saddness fell over our home!
The hardest part of this weekend as a mom you want to take any pain or misery away from your child. You don't want to see them in pain. It is so hard!!!!!!! I just want to hold him and tell him life is ok even though it was not right now. So this post is dedicated to...Matt's Best Friend!!!
DRAKE!
You will be missed and still loved forever!!!
Please keep Matt's grandparents busy with your fetching and playful attitude as they wait for us to all be with them someday! I hope they enjoy you as much as I and my family has!!! Here's to you bud!!
Thanks for being my son's best friend!!!
GOODBYE BOY!!!




OMG Miss I am balling!
ReplyDeleteMatty Patty, My darling nephew and all of you...I am so very sorry for your loss! I wish I could take away all of your pain and give you great comfort.
We will greatly miss him too! He was an amazing dog. He had to be the best of the best to have caught your heart Missy. I know how you "love" animals, LOL. I would say that to you and Matt every visit to your home. And that I was so shocked of how this dog, Drake ruled the roost. I loved it...as you know my dogs too once ruled our roost. It was so cute.
I loved playing with him. Catch of course. He had such a great personality for a dog. I would have loved to have him as my own as well.
So it is hard to say goodbye to you Drake. So I will just say So long Drake...you were such a good dog!!
Love
Me!