This is a beautiful Christmas Cactus that my mom has had for years. This was my great great great aunts plant. And the plant is well over 100 years old now. It has been split 6-8 times and even almost lost once when the furnace went out at my parents house. But as you can see it has come back and is thriving well!
I hope I am able to keep my Christmas Cactus plants for my children's children's children. Wouldn't that be great!!! Here is a photo of mine right now today...
This is the thrid time they have bloomed this year so far since Thanksgiving. Yeppers, it really is the third time. I looked it up online and they said that you can force them to bloom. They said to do that you need cool days and lots of dark nights. Well, Randy had kept the house very cool this winter it seems to me anyway, lol! And then with the winter nights being so long it must have formed some perfect times for them. Each time they have bloomed they have had more blossoms on them than the last time. So check them out at all the blossoms.
I love my Christmas Cacti!! They bring me such joy in the winter!!! So here ya go you can enjoy them too!
Hey where is my Christmas Cactus?? I've never been given one and I am the only daughter with a big ass greenhouse :( Hmmmmm must be because I usually KILL inside plants, ROFLOL!!!! Guess Mom really knows me, LOL!
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas Cactus is beautiful. I like the color of the blooms. I have one that has bloomed twice since Christmas so the long dark winter must have been good for them. My flowers are a peachy kind of color - I like your flower color much better.
ReplyDeleteRori my two Christmas Cacti were not from mom they were two I bought so she has not shared with me yet either. Maybe this will be the hint, hint, hint mom we would like to have a slip please, lol...
ReplyDeleteMary I love the colors of the blooms too they are so pretty. When you are hear tonight you are more then welcome to take a slip from either of my plants.