Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One foggy day..

The week my grandpa passed away my mom, sister and I decided to stay over night one last time at Grandma and Grandpa's house.   Yep, they are both gone now.



Well, we work up early and found that it was so foggy out and thought we should head out for a walk to the river.  This is what we saw...
So pretty don't ya think?   Well, we sure thought so.   It was just so picture perfect.  We did some crying on this walk for you see we took many walks with both Grandma and Grandpa and they always ended up here at the river for some reason.   They loved it!  They did not have river frontage land but it was just a hope, skip, jump and a rock kick away...

You see we took so many walks even when we were little that we would kick a rock the whole way and the one that lost the rock in with the others was the loser.  So your really needed to watch where that rock went.
We did this on every single walk we did!   Even this one!

All the way there and back!  Right Rori!  And I think you still have the rock we did this game with right?   What a peaceful walk this always was!  I sure hope people don't think I am too weird when I head on out there to Grandma and Grandpa's just to go on a walk again this summer, lol.  Sometimes I just need to be close to them and well that is where I am close to them!  Out on a walk down the road and to the river to grandma's house I go!!!!!!!!

I sure do miss you both!!  It is so hard somedays I am so busy and think oh my goodness I should call and tell grandma that.   And sometimes I even get the phone up to my hand to dial and hmmmmmm.........
think again and say ok, so here it goes again grandma and grandpa all I need to do it talk not dial!!!
One would think that would be easier right, well it isn't for you see I think I called so many times a day sometimes that I am sure I drove them CRAZY.   Crazy knowing how much I loved them!!!!
Crazy at how much I missed them even when they were still here!!!!  Just knowing that one day soon they were gonna be gone.   I know they are at peace and not in any pain.  They are not tired.  They are so happy. I know all those things but I still MISS THEM!!!!



I miss them so much!!!!  I love you!!
So I have to remember I will always be able to run on out to the river and sit and think of those great walks!  Those great times we got to visit and learn life's big lessons!   Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for always being there!!! 
Here are some photos of our last and final family walk to the river and thru the woods.

My baby boys and Drake.  Can you tell they just love their picture taken, lol.  Too bad mom says! I want photos and I am so happy I did!!!!

This photo was a few years back but they were all watching the kids climb into Grandpa's deer stand I do believe.   The kids loved to be able to do that.
And this heart shaped bruise was left on Grandpa's hand after Grandma passed away.  I told him she was just leaving her mark on him so he better watch out!!!  LOL!!

       And I will leave you seeing how much in love they were!!  Even way back!!!!   The love of time!!!!
They were always at least a half an hour early to just about every event they went too ever since I could ever rememeber!!!
Even church.  They were even known to beat the pastor there on Sunday's!
I took on that traight, darn!!
LOL!!
Love and miss ya both a ton!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful post and tribute to your grandparents, wiping away tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it I had a huge post here the other day too...and I don't see it! I've been having issues leaving comments on your blog for couple weeks. Not sure what the deal is? Seems to be working fine this morning.

    Another entry that I love. The photos..the words..perfect. I had tears. And YES I have The Rock!!!!! Forever and Always. Such memories there. I too may find Myself stopping from time to time over the years for a little visit..

    Hugs..love you.

    ReplyDelete